September is Spearhead Scholarship Fund Month
We are so grateful to those who sowed in September of 2022 into the Spearhead Scholarship Fund, and this September, we hope to replenish all that has been spent and sown into the nations this past year. Please consider in the month of September sowing a seed into this fund to help us bring God’s Word through the ISOM into some of the neediest parts of the world. Our goal is to raise a minimum of $65,000, of which $15,000 will be sowed into strategic works and Messianic ministries in Israel in October of 2023.
Here are an additional few major projects Spearhead is targeting and continuing to help:
- Because of it’s strategic position ISOM is very focused on helping the Messianic community in Israel. A Hebrew-only version of ISOM is in final development. It will soon be made availabe for free.
- The training with ISOM of over 4,000 pastors and leaders in the Oriya language in India and over 1,000 leaders in the Hindi language. We are expecting thousands to graduate in the year ahead. We hope to significantly sponsor those graduates.
- The training and graduation of over 240 disciples in the Bengali language in Bangladesh.
- The translation of the ISOM written content into the Dari and Pashto langauges for Afghanistan.
- Working to help ministries reach into Iran and Iranian refugees all over the world using ISOM in the Farsi language, which we’re also working to complete translation.
- Sponsoring materials for individual schools in countries like Mali, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Ghana.
- Helping provide infrastructure and engagement into the nations of Madagascar and Mauritius, where hundreds are being equipped in the Malagasy and French language.
- The sponsorship of a distribution center in Mozambique to train over 500 pastors and leaders.
- Helping an initiative to train over 500 key leaders for ministry in the country of Albania.
- Helping the translation of ISOM into Vietnamese, Japanese, Greek, Farsi, Tibetan, Hungarian Pashto, Dari, Albanian, Hebrew, and Swahili.
- Sponsoring ISOM students in Armenia and Lebanon through our partners in those nations.
- Graduating hundreds of ISOM students in Kenya and Tanzania, many from the poorest and remotest region of the country. We are also helping in the starting of a number Maasai schools in these countries.
Thank you so much for considering a seed into this strategic fund to touch and reach the nations.
In Christ’s Love – for the Nations to be Discipled,
Berin and Lisa Gilfillan – ISOM Founders
Beginning of the Spearhead Fund
In March 2019, while flying home, I watched two movies that deeply touched my heart.
The first was Braveheart; the closing scene in Braveheart is of Wallace’s red-haired friend Hamish taking a sword and throwing it spinning through the air, with that hauntingly beautiful Braveheart score in the background, until that sword penetrates, blade first, into the heart of the battlefield. That act of defiance and courage brought victory and freedom to Scotland. I must have watched that spinning sword scene 15~20 times on the airplane. It was like the arrow of God’s deliverance that Elisha had King Joash shoot out of his window in 2 Kings 13:17.
After watching Braveheart, the other movie I saw was Capernaum, a Cannes Film Festival award-winning film about a 12-year-old Syrian refugee called Zain. Nadine Labaki, the film’s director and writer, used a real refugee to play Zain, and she filmed this movie on the streets of Beirut in, Lebanon. Most of the actors are ordinary people who simply had to just be themselves. Their faces, etched with pain, tell their stories. Zain’s life was such a misery that, in the movie, he sues his parents for having given birth to him.
The movie is the most realistic portrayal of the plight of millions of refugees I have ever seen. It reveals a lost generation with no roots and no real identity. I sat riveted for the remaining hours of the flight, thinking about the poor, the refugees, the disenfranchised, the destitute, and about the arrow of God’s deliverance.
I believe God used these two movies I watched to begin to birth in my heart the seeds of the Spearhead Scholarship Fund. I felt such a desire to create a fund to thrust a spear of freedom and truth into the hopeless parts of our world. We have the Arabic, Pashto, Farsi, Turkish, Urdu, and Armenian languages. We have the technology, being able to deliver content on microSD chips into persecuted places; we have the contact people to work with, as many write weekly to me asking for help; we just need the finances.
Please consider helping us spearhead deliverance and truth into these needy regions of God’s harvest.
In Christ’s love for the harvest to be discipled,
Berin and Lisa Gilfillan